Tuesday 12 January 2010

Guardian Top 50 Dramas of all time


Three of the programmes Ian was featured in have been included in The Guardian's Top 50 Television Dramas of All Time - which includes both UK and American dramas. Top spot has been given to The Sopranos - since I've never seen it, I couldn't possibly comment on it.

Not surprisingly the highest placed of the programmes Ian was in is, at No 18, House of Cards, which has consistently remained a high seller on Amazon UK. Of course, without question I would have made it No 1.



At No 21 is Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Smiley's People is at No 17 and I wonder if these two are in the correct order.


Sneaking in at No 46 is Bleak House. A wonderful production and cast, but I remember filming it was rather uncomfortable for Ian at times because he had to sit for hours at a time without a break and he hated the wig he had to wear.

There are certainly some surprise omissions, like Edge of Darkness, I Claudius, the earlier Forsyte Saga with Eric Porter and Fortunes of War being just a few that spring to mind.

Do I think that more of the programmes Ian was featured in should be included? It's all a matter of personal taste, but I would have placed Private Schulz, Porterhouse Blue, Murder Rooms and the unfairly maligned Gormenghast in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment